Friday 26 June 2015

June Faves | monthly favourites

Hey everyone!

Summer has arrived (raise those hands in the air, lemme get a 'hell yeah!'), but not with the usual 'bingity-bangity-boom' I'd been expecting (which kind of really extremely definitely stinks because I was so looking forward to it). That, however, does not mean that I didn't get a chance to enjoy the very beautiful month of June in all its glory and good weather. In fact, I found June of 2015 to be a refreshingly pleasant month, and that is not solely due to all of the delicious rays of sunshine I managed to lick up on its passing! 

There have been quite a few sneaky makeup/beauty/fashionista products that have held my back over the course of about three weeks, and with which I have fallen deeply in love (and no, that is not because I don't have a man in my life, you cheeky moron!). I've been looking forward to sharing these with you for a long time, as they are perfect for the summer months (I mean, they practically have SUMMER SURVIVAL ESSENTIALS! stamped all over them), plus they are super chic and really do turn heads. Enjoy!

  • 'One' perfume by Calvin Klein
  • 'Purifying Cream Cleanser' by La Prairie, Switzerland
  • Coral lipgloss in 'Pink-ing of You' by Maison d'Anu
  • 'Frizz Ease: Secret Agent' touch-up cream for frizzy hair by John Freida
  • 'We Were Liars' book (winner of the YA Goodreads Choice Awards 2014) by Emily Lockhart
  • Round tortoise-shell sunglasses by River Island

(Product reviews underneath photos)

                       

                   

                      


1. 'One' perfume by Calvin Klein

OK, can I just rant for a second here? This youthful perfume is a definite 'must-have' for the beach season - soulful, refreshing and sprinkled with a tangy zest, it flirts with your senses and has you hooked from the prime sniff. Love at first whiff? I think so.

2. 'Purifying Cream Cleanser' by La Prairie, Switzerland

I like three things in life. Feminism, pasta and hygiene. This creamy, nourishing product slots into the third third of that list, respectively, and I adore it. After ONE tiny usage, my skin has come to look more radiant and healthy and not like I've been huddled inside all day playing Candy Crush on my phone. And for that I would like to thank La Prairie and this wonderful miracle that has made me a happy human. Amen.
 
3. Coral lipgloss in 'Pink-ing of You' by Maison d'Anu

You may or may not remember my recent review of blossoming Irish makeup brand, Maison d'Anu (click here to investigate!), but if so, are probably wondering why I'm still lingering onto its products. Well, there's a pretty legit reason for that: they are awesomesauce (yes, I said it. Awesomesauce. Judge me now). This coral, vanilla-flavored lipgloss is the perfect summer beauty buy - peachy pink, sleek (not sticky and oozy), and with silent dashes of gold running through it, 'Pink-ing of You' is fit for a princess.

4. 'Frizz Ease: Secret Agent' touch-up cream for frizzy hair by John Freida

I don't know if you're like me, but if you are, you need hair-help. And fast. This is the part where you get really lucky and suddenly realise that John Freida is a wonderful man who invents magical products, such as 'Frizz Ease'. This cream is so light on the hair, easy to apply and smells like Kevin (read that aloud and you'll see what I mean!). For a season full of sea, salt and sand, this product is a deadly weapon.

5. 'We Were Liars' book (winner of the YA Goodreads Choice Awards 2014) by Emily Lockhart

OK, so being completely honest, this book may not be the easiest 'beach read' as it is hard not to become bogged down in the plot, but it is so intricately woven, and spun with such finesse that you will have a very (VERY) difficult time putting it down for dinner (or any other activity that does not involve books for that matter). The storyline is pretty twisted and unusual, and you think that you know what's happening until the very end when, oh wait, PLOT TWIST, and everything you thought you knew crumbles and dies around you. Yeah, plot accuracy.

6. Round, tortoise-shell sunglasses from River Island

Because fashion (and protection against those UV rays, kids). What else?

No comments:

Post a Comment